In 2013, 706 new cases of mesothelioma were diagnosed in Australia, and it is more common in older men.
Pleural mesothelioma is the most common type of mesothelioma, and accounts for about 90% of all mesotheliomas.
Symptoms of pleural mesothelioma
|Source image: mesothelioma.com|
- Shortness of breath – which usually worsens with activity or when lying down
- Chest pain or pain in the shoulder and upper arm
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
- Persistent cough or a change in a person’s usual cough
- Heavy sweating, particularly at night.